Thursday, February 7, 2013

Voted off the Island (Or in this case the Iceberg)

As some of you know, I am taking a photography class at the community college.  Our first assignment was called NO.  We were given a list of all the things we could not photograph.  It was all the things his students usually photograph.  A partial list of the huge list was:  no children, no flowers, no pets, no models, no family members, no doors, no buildings, no icicles, no garden ornaments, etc. etc. etc.

Last Thursday we had class critique.  We were allowed to show 6 pictures and the critique could help you decide which to 4 to turn in.   These are the two that were suggested I eliminate.




The first was deemed by the instructor as "too stock".  Could have been done at a more interesting angle.  The second was said to be nicely exposed and composed but needed a figure walking to be more interesting (of course the path was a sheet of ice and no one in there right mind would be walking - I almost fell twice getting to this point. 

I will put the four I submitted out once I get them back with the comments.

No comments: