Sunday, August 9, 2020

Not the Way to Do This Type of Announcement....

 But I am not up to calling everyone.

My husband, Frank Soby died yesterday afternoon.  

Thursday was our 37th wedding anniversary.  I had wanted to go out to dinner but he was too weak so I just threw a pizza in the oven.  As I was helping him to bed it appeared to me that he was having a stroke. I called EMS and they took him to Beumont Hospital (he said that the EMS guys were great)

They ended up putting him on a ventilator Saturday morning but the prognosis was that he would never leave the hospital so he was taken off the ventilator that afternoon.   He died soon after.

He had been recovering well from his bypass surgery in September until about February and had been getting weaker and weaker since then with a number of falls.   I know he never wanted to get to the point that he was bed ridden but was quickly reaching that point.

I will miss him.



3 comments:

Kim Kehres said...

Oh Susan, my heart goes out to you! I am so very sorry. I think back to the time you brought him to Ohio so we could meet him. Never had I seen you so happy, so happy you were glowing. Memories flood back of your beautiful wedding and how joyful everything was. Please know Mike and I are keeping you close in our hearts as you travel this awful path. ♥️

Sandi (Sam) Swerdlen said...

Susan, my heart breaks for you and I'm sending all the positive healing energies I have. I know you had a good life together; keep those memories close. When I lost my husband, I would tell myself that I'd find my 'new normal, took time, but I did. You are one of the strongest women I know, you'll find your 'new normal one day too. Many hugs and heartfelt thoughts!

Unknown said...

Susan, I share your grief. I found that keeping a favorite radio station on 24/7 was comforting. (I prefer classical background music.) My road to 'new normal' got detoured by COVID-19.
By announcing your sad news this way, it allows those of us who don't know you personally to extend our condolences as well as our experience, strength, and hope.

Barbara Hensley