Monday, July 27, 2020

Cancelled Reunion

This last Saturday was supposed to be the Lolli Family Reunion in Middletown Ohio.  It has been held the last Saturday in July at Armco Park every year since I believe 1984.  This year it was cancelled due to the Covid 19 and primarily for fact that my Uncle and Aunt in Idaho had the virus.  They had been planning on coming to the reunion.  

But my Uncle Paul died last Monday from the virus.  He is the last of the generation of our parents.  The following picture is of the four brothers and sisters from a previous reunion.

This is my favorite picture of my Uncle Paul, taken when he was in the Air Force. 

Even though I didn't see my Uncle very often, I would see him when he would come to visit my dad before the Ohio reunion.    

I will remember that each year he would come with some outrageous statement on his tshirt.  Below is an example.  This shirt says it all...

I will miss him.

2 comments:

The Monks Lady said...

Nice ‘thread’ Sue, I will miss him too. That generation of Lolli men were a very special breed indeed.

Jenny said...

These pictures and your words are perfect! See you in 2021!