Monday, February 13, 2012

Pleasant Surprise

Entered the student show at the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center.  Supposed to submit work that represents what you did in classes.  You were allowed to submit two items.  Decided on the print of a photo I took in Florence.  It is a gum arabic print that I then colored with water color pencil.  I was pleased with how it turned out but surprised that it was juried in when I saw some of the other prints that were being submitted (yes Jyl, I do believe your dolphin print was better).

I recently took the weaving course and thought I should submit something from that since very little weaving ever makes it into the show.  The baby blanket I made has already been given away but I did weave a shibori scarf and then dyed it in the Michigan Weavers Guild dye day.  I am very surprised that that made it in since it is not up to my usual weaving standards.  I was in such a rush to finish by the dye day it ended up with very uneven ends and more variation in beat than I like.   I was VERY surprised that this made it.

I guess one never knows.

1 comment:

KMW said...

Oh wow! Congratulations! LOVE LOVE LOVE that print you created. And your weaving is always superb! That baby blanket you mentioned was divine ;)