Thursday, February 9, 2012

Last 2012 Book Catch U


I am almost embarrassed to say that I picked this book up to read since it was about the Princess Diana accident.  In fact - I put it down a couple times at the library before I took it out.   I have always been turned off by the obsession of people about the fatal accident and the aftermath of the accident to a bystander is the topic of the book.

That said - I liked the book and glad I picked it up.  I had read a book by the author Laurence Cosse previously, titled "The Novel Bookstore" which I LOVED.

This book is a fictional portrayal of someone who was in the tunnel during the accident,  left the scene and what happens to her after.   The writing is lovely and the book really holds you.

That said - I had wished the book cover looked less like a photograph and was more of a sketch.  But now that I write this - maybe the photo is more appropriate since the paparazzi was part of the problem.


No comments: