Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DPChallenge #2

Did better on my second attempt at the DPChallenge.  This time the topic was "Family".  The instructions were "take a photograph that conveys the idea of family.  Your photo need not contain a person."  


This time I managed to get in the top 50% (barely - with a 53%).  The last time was a 15% (or they rated 85% of the other photos better than yours).  I feel pretty good about it. 


I titled the picture "Fading Immortality" and it is below:




Some of you may recognize who this is -- the snapshot is an old picture of my grandparents (my dad's parents).  The picture on the left is part of an encaustic collage I had made in a workshop I had attended.  It is a collage technique using colored wax.  The family tree on the left if from a copy of the Lolli family tree that my dad had done.


So far - I am having fun with this.  I have another picture I submitted yesterday for this weeks challenge - looking forward to see how I come out.  Looking at the other pictures - I don't think I will make the 50% goal.