Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DPChallenge #1

A friend of mine talked me into entering the DPChallenge which is a web site that has a weekly photography contest based on a topic.  Last weeks topic was "Other Art Forms".  You needed to take a picture of another piece of art that you do.    I entered a picture of one of the scarfs I wove.  Ended up 125 of 146 with an average score of 4.8 (out of 10).  Why I really entered is to start trying to get more creative with my photos and also to get ideas about how to improve.  I received three comments and two were constructive (the third was a pat on the back).

One person suggested I crop it differently to concentrate more on the fringe against the black.  I tend to agree.

The other comment was "Looks just a bit low in contrast: there could be brighter color in your image to display those colors".  Now I have to figure out what she/he means and how to do that!   Life is a learning experience.