Friday, April 16, 2010

Nature and Hallucinogens

Monday there was an article in the NY Times titled "Seeking Medical Uses, Doctors Tune Back In to Hallucinogens".  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/12/science/12psychedelics.html?scp=1&sq=hallucinogens&st=cse

No I am not going to try to sign myself up for the study - but I did like some of the comments made by one of the psychologists who participated in the study.

"...an improved outlook on life after an experience in which the boundaries between the self and others disappear......I wasn't any longer attached to my performance and trying to control things.  I could see that the really good things in life will happen if you just show up and shar you natural enthusiasms with people.  You have a feeling of attunement with other people."

Wonder if you can get the same experience from smelling the blossoms that are flowering currently?