Thursday, September 6, 2012

Elegance in Unlikely Places


While I have been reading allot - I haven't done my book cover postings so I figured it was time. 


Last night I finished "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery.  I enjoyed the book, but will say it is not for everyone.  Long passages on philosophy that I admit I found myself skimming through; but I did enjoy the story.

The picture above is the one from the edition I read.  I did not like the cover but picked up the book anyways since the book was an Europa edition, and I have liked many of the covers. I know, I know - you are not supposed to just a book by its cover - and that seemed to be one of the themes in the book.  While the doorway fit the book - I couldn't picture the younger protagonist looking that way.

The cover that I found that I thought fit the book the best was this one:












I was able to find many others:









No comments: