Thursday, March 8, 2012

Theft



As I said before - I am a sucker for books about books.

I picked up "The Book Thief" from the library based on the title.  It wasn't until I was half way through that I saw that it was on the best seller list for "chapter books" in the children's section in the New York Times best seller list.   I was somewhat surprised to see it there.  Yes, it is about a young girl, but the narrater is death.    You can see a review of the book here.  http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/27/books/27masl.html

I would recommend the book.  I thought it an easy - intriguing read.

While the cover was interesting and did represent the book well, I would have wished that it was an illustration rather than a photograph.

When I went out to the internet I found a large assortments of other covers -
http://inkcrush.blogspot.com/2010/08/covers-of-book-thief-markus-zusac-35.html

I liked the UK adult version and the Russion versions the best.


1 comment:

KMW said...

Oh we have this book and I've been meaning to readi t!! Now, I'm so on it! xx