Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Intro to Photoshop Assignment #2

Our second assignment was to repair an old photo or to "beautify" a picture. We were encouraged to use one of our own photos instead of one that he supplied.   He kept talking about his definition of beautify - which was not to take all the pounds off, eliminate the wrinkles or make someone look like a "Barbie Doll", but to do small cosmetic clean-ups.

In todays New York Times there was the following article:

Photoshopped or Not? A Tool to Tell 


I was amazed as some of the examples they had.  They talked about trying to establish a standard as to how much retouching was done.  In my example I would say it was kept to a 1 or 2.  I decided to use a picture I had taken of my dad.  I just cleaned up is face a little.  The biggest change I made was to eliminate the sling he had on since that was not a permanent feature but a temporary one. 


Original
Digitally Altered