Sunday, May 1, 2011

Its Official

I am retiring from the bank.  It was announced at work on Wednesday.  My last day is June 30.  I have thought it over the last year and determined it is time.  I have been there 34 years which is a very long time.  It hasn't felt like it has been that long until recently.

So what is next?  I started a program at the College of Creative Studies on Web Development.  What is different from that program than others is that is is very art based.  Learning how to use many of the programs in the Adobe Suite such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and DreamWeaver.  May not do anything with it other that use in for personal use.

Want to spend more time with my weaving and plan to look into the Jacquard Weaving program at Eastern Michigan.

Target is to take a year for myself - this decide if I want to go back to work part time or due some consulting.

But for now - its time to take care of myself and some of the projects around the house.

(The picture is of the wild turkey that lives near work.  It is pretty fearless.)