Sunday, July 11, 2010

Buried in Homework

Just saw that it has been almost a month since I posted to this.  Between work and the homework from the Design Class as CCS I have had no time.

But over the 4th of July weekend I tried to relax and do some reading and weaving.

On the Friday I finished the book "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz.  I had given it to Frank for Christmas and he enjoyed it.   It had won the Pulitzer Prize and I did like it - but I am sure he enjoyed it more understanding the Spanish that was heavily sprinkled about.  

On Saturday I started "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch.   I went on a reading marathon and finished it on Monday.  Compelling writing though I felt it could have used a few less different foster home horror stories as she moved from one to another.  A good story though about how her mother, who was in prison, still has such a strong hold on her and who she is.