Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Disappointing Olympics

I am an Olympic junky - but it is hard this year.

I was shocked when I turned on the TV for the opening ceremonies and it was not on my faithful channel 9.  I am used to the Canadian station covering the Olympics.  How can they not cover the Olympics in their own country????  Turns out it is on a Canadian station we don't get.

So instead of my fix of cross country skiing, biathlon and other sports you don't usually get to see (yes - even curling!), we get too much snow-boarding, too much short track skating and not enough long track skating.  And also - all the interviews instead of just covering the sports.  

Did get to see one cross-country race (probably only because a US guy was supposed to get a medal which he did).    So I sit here with my computer, with the TV on - as I troll the web trying to find what I want to watch.

May just have to try to go to London for the next Olympics if I can't get Canadian coverage.